Easy Fruit Cake Easiest fail-proof fruit cake that are moist, sugar, butter and egg free using only 3 ingredients. Perfect for diabetes sufferers.
- 1kg cake fruit mix.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 3 cups black tea ( I used red bush tea)
- Soak your fruit mix in the tea for at least 24 hours to allow enough time for the dried fruit to soak up the liquid. Do not cut any corners with this.
- Mix in your 3 cups of flour making sure all the flour are moist.. If mixture is to dry add a bit more tea. The mixture should be wet but not runny.
- Pour into a lined 22 inch cake tin and bake for 2,5 hours at 125ºc
- You can use any liquid you like, e.g. coffee or orange juice
- Feel free to add some of your favorite brandy or Cognac if you so wish
- Wrapped in tin-foil it should keep for up to a month.