Fruit bread Apricot, Oats and Rooibos tea
- ½ Cup stampkoring
- 4 Cups brown bread flour
- 30 ml Golden syrup
- 60 ml Canola oil
- 10 g Dried Yeast
- 2 Rooibos tea bags
- 200 g Turkish dried Apricots
- Rolled oats
- Make 1 L tea using the 2 tea bags. Allow it to steep well.
- Place stampkoring in pot and cover the stompkoring with water and bring to the boil. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Strain any access water.
- Cut Apricots in ¼ and add to stamkoring.
- Add 750 ml hot tea. Allow to soak for 3 hours.
- Add the Flour, Yeast, Golden syrup and Oil. Mix by hand to a wet dough but not runny adding more tea if needed.
- Prepare a loaf pan 8 cm x 18 cm spread with butter and line with oats. The Oats will stick to the sides on the butter.
- Poar the dough in the pan and flatten then sprinkle with oats.
- Leaf in a warm area to rise about 4 cm.
- Bake at 180oc for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Turn oat and allow to cool.
- Slice and warm bread again best served warm.
Make 1 loaf