Caramel toffee Caramel flavour toffee
- 175 g white sugar
- 5 ml Lemon juice
- 40 g Golden syrup
- 40 g Butter
- 112 g Fresh Cream
- In a heavy base pot on medium heat bring sugar, Lemon juice and 50 ml water to the boil.
- Continue to boil.
- Mean while in a separate pot bring the rest of the ingredient to a boil and remove from heat.
- This should be done in a draft free place do not stir the sugar but make sure you don't have crystals on the side of the pot.
- When sugar start to change colour add to boiled cream and cook to a temperature of 118ºC.
- Pour into a 18 x12 cm tray that is lined with baking paper.
- Allow to set and cut in 2 cm blocks.
- To prevent the toffee from sticking together they can be rolled in Icing sugar.
Make 36 portions.