- 150 Chocolate sponge
- 100 g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 215 g Cake flour
- 30 g Cinnamon
- 180 g Butter
- Puff pastry (recipe on website under pastry)
- Crumble the sponge cake and add all the other ingredients, except the Puff pastry.
- Knead until all ingredients is mixed well.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm.
- Brush a piece of Puff pastry that is rolled out and is twice the size of the cinnamon dough with water. Place the cinnamon dough on one halve and fold over the the other halve. You will be left with a cinnamon dough with Puff pastry on either side.
- Cut thin strips and wind them up to form the sticks. Place on a greased baking tray.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake till light brown at 200oc for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Brush with hot Apricot jam, and allow to cool before serving
Make 60 sticks 10 cm long.