Focaccio Focaccio bread slightly sweet but light and fluffy
- 1 kg Cake flour
- 20 g Dried yeast
- 20 g Salt
- 120 g Butter
- 50 g Sugar
- 200 g Butter( room temperature)
- 10 ml Garlic (crushed)
- 30 ml Dried Rosemary
- Chopped yellow pepper (optional for variety)
- Cheese powder (optional for variety)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together add enough water to make a soft but kneadable dough.
- Knead until smooth dough is formed.
- Divide into 8 pieces of 200 g each.
- Form round balls and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Press flat with palm to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Allow to prove for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time make the topping.
- Mix the garlic, butter, and rosemary together. If using cheese powder mix it in now.
- Poke holes into the breads evenly spaced and smear butter generously over the top.
- Prove for another 30 minutes and bake.
- Bake till start to turn light brown at 220oc for 10 – 15 minutes
- Serve warm for best result.
- Make 8 x 200 g breads