- 1 lt Milk
- 12 Egg yolks
- 1½ cups sugar
- Bring the milk just to the boil and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the sugar and the egg yolks.
- Pour the milk into the egg whisking all the time.
- Warm slowly to 77 ºc Thick enough to cover back of a spoon.
- Add the desired flavour to taste.
- Transfer to a frozen stainless steel bowl and chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes whisk with electric beater and place in freezer for 30 minutes. Repeat this step until ice cream is thick will be about a to 5 times.
- Cover and freeze overnight.