meringue pyramids Chocolate coated soft meringue pyramids
- 6 egg whites
- 50 g sugar
- 90 ml water
- 300 g Sugar
- dark chocolate for coating
- make meringue with the 6 egg whites and 50 g sugar.
- At the same time slowly bring 90 ml water and 300 g sugar to the boil. do not stir but make sure no crystals stick to side of pot. Boil to 120ºc slowly add to stiff meringue whisking continues.
- Pipe in the shape of a pyramid onto a biscuit and chill in the refrigerator while melting the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water not boiling and the bowl of chocolate should not touch the water.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the meringue and allow to dry.
- Keep in a cool place until served.
- Make 18