Cheese and chilly bread Bread made with roasted Italian tomato, chilly and cheese.
- 800 g Cake flour
- 60 ml Icing Sugar
- 10 ml Salt
- 10 g Instant dry yeast
- 50 g Oil
- 100 g Amasi (Buttermilk)
- 350 g Lukewarm water
- 250 g salsa (on website under herbs and sauces)
- 100 g Butter
- 40 g crushed garlic
- leafs of 5 springs thime
- Mix all the ingredients up to the water and knead to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Divide the dough in two 700 g loafs. Allow dough to rest 2 minutes.
- Roll dough to 200 mm X 400 mm. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with a good layer of mature cheddar cheese.
- Roll up tightly and place in greased loaf tin 200 mm X 100 mm.
- Allow to rise in warm place until lof tin just over halve full. Very careful with a sharp knife make 3 cuts in each loaf.
- Mix butter, garlic and thime leafs. Place heaps of butter in the slice and allow to rice to double in size.
- Bake at 180 ºc for 50 minutes.
- If golden brown turn out immediately out of tin and allow to cool.
- Make 2 X 700 g loafs (200 mm X 100 mm)