Cinnamon loaf A sweet bread with cinnamon butter
- 800 g Cake flour
- 60 ml Icing Sugar
- 10 ml Salt
- 10 g Instant dry yeast
- 50 g Oil
- 100 g Amasi (Buttermilk)
- 350 g Lukewarm water
- 150 g Butter
- 20 g Cornflour
- 45 g Cinnamon
- 200 g Strudel (recipe on website under pastry)
- Mix all the ingredients up to the water and knead to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Divide the dough in two 700 g loafs. Allow dough to rest 2 minutes. Mix the butter, cinnamon and cornflour together.
- Roll dough to 200 mm X 400 mm. Spread with cinnamon butter.
- Roll up tightly and place in greased loaf tin 200 mm X 100 mm.
- Allow to rise in warm place until lof tin is full. Sprinkle with strudel and bake.
- Bake at 180 ºc for 35 minutes.
- If golden brown turn out immediately out of tin and allow to cool.
- Make 2 X 700 g loafs (200 mm X 100 mm)