Spinach and polenta Spinach and Polenta with cheese
- 2 bunches Spinach (1.2 kg)
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 Cup Polenta
- 1/3 Cup Yellow Maize meal
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 250 G Irish Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Bay leafs
- Ground Black pepper ( to taste)
- Dried Red Crushed Chili (to taste)
- Mix the yellow maize meal and polenta and cook using the water as mentioned.
- Add Olive oil and stir until polenta come loose from sides of pot.
- Meanwhile in a separate pot fry chopped onion and Bay leafs.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add shredded spinach and cover pot.
- Be careful not to overcook, cook for about 2 min until cooked.
- Cut halve of the cheese in small blocks and grate the rest.
- Add grated cheese to hot Polenta add the cooked spinach and mix well.
- Add the cubed cheese and allow to melt a (few minutes before serving).
Serve 6 portions.