- 300 g Cake flour
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g Butter
- 10 g cream of tartar
- 1 Cups White sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Dissolve sugar in water and bring to the boil.
- Boil syrup for 5 minutes and chill overnight.
- Rub together Cake flour, Butter and cream of tartar to form fine crumbs.
- Add eggs and milk to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough to thickness of 5 mm.
- Cut strips about the same with as thickness.
- Press 3 pieces together at edge and plait making koeksister about 10 cm long.
- Deepfry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Immediately soak in cold syrup after removing from oil.
Make about 12 Koeksusters