Beetroot bread Beetroot & onion bread
- 500 g Cake flour
- 10 g Salt
- 30 g Butter
- 20 g Sugar
- 10 g Dried yeast
- 25 g Egg
- 250 g Beetroot
- 20 g Onion
- Cook the beet root and set aside to cool.
- Make a dough with all the ingredients and a little water except the onion and beetroot.
- Allow dough to rest 10 minutes.
- Grate the onion and beetroot and add to dough and knead.
- Add some cake flour if needed because beetroot might make dough a little to wet.
- Form a loaf and place in a loaf pan 12 x 17 cm.
- Brush with beaten egg and cut loaf on top.
- Place bread in a warm area and allow to rise until double in size or 1 hour.
- Pre heat oven to 200 ºc.
- Bake till light brown at 200oc for 30 – 40 minutes
- Tip out immediately to prevent loaf from sweating in pan
- leave till cool and Serve.