Jalapeno and cheddar bread Bread with Jalapeno chili and matured cheddar
- 1 Kg Cake flour
- 30 G Butter
- 20 G Sugar
- 10 G Instant yeast
- 20 G Salt
- 2 Green Jalapeno chili
- 1 Red Jalapeno chili
- 200 G grated 18 months matured cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, butter, sugar, yeast, salt and water to form a dough.
- Knead the dough until elastic.
- Allow dough to rest while you prepare the filling.
- Remove the pits from the chilly and chop fine, grate the cheese.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough rectangular to a thickness of 1 cm.
- Spread the chilly on the dough evenly and cover with the cheese.
- Roll up the dough to form a long roll.
- Cut in 3 pieces and transfer to a baking try.
- Place in a warm area to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200oc.
- Give each loaf 3 or 4 cuts about 1 cm deep.
- Place a dish with water in the oven to create humidity.
- Bake bread at 200ºc for 25 min or until golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack DO NOT ALLOW TO COOL ON BAKING TRAY.
makes 3 loafs 22 cm long