Sweet & sour Curry vegetables Sweet & Sour Curried pickle vegetables
- 400 ml Grape vinegar
- 750 ml Water
- 2 ml Ground Bayleafs
- 50 g Light brown sugar
- 30 ml Chopped Garlic
- 60 ml mild yellow Curry
- 20 ml Turmeric
- 30 g Tomato paste
- 700 g Onions (peeled and sliced)
- 150 g Green beans (cut in 2 cm pieces)
- 500 g Carrots (julienne)
- 400 g Red peppers ( sliced)
- 200 g Yellow peppers (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- 4 Sheets Gelatine
- Add all the ingredient except the vegetables to a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the onions,Green beans, and carrots and cook until just soft.
- Add the peppers and cook for one minute.
- Allow to cool slightly and melt the gelatine into the hot mass. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- When slightly cold spoon into glass jars making sure it is filled completely with the sauce. The more room the is for air the quicker it will get spoiled.
- For longer storage, place the jars in a boiling pot of water to can them. When the water comes back to a boil, set the timer for 5 minutes and remove the jars immediately. Make sure the lids pop down; if they do not, refrigerate those pickles and eat them first. With this step done it will last a week on the shelve unopened and a 2 weeks in the refrigerator after opening.
- Use as condiment to a meal.