Tomato soup Thick Tomato soup
- 1 kg ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried red Chilly
- 50 g Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Peel the tomatoes. To do this easy freeze the whole tomatoes overnight and then allow to defrost. Cut the tomato in halve and easily remove the skin, saving all the juice.
- Fry the diced onion in a little oil together with the Oregano and Chilly. Fry until glassy.
- Peel and cut the potato in block and add to the pot.
- Add the Tomato and juice.
- Add 4 cups water and cook for a hour on medium heat.
- Using a stick blender blend soup until smooth.
- Add tomato paste and bring to boil. Adding more water if necessary to achieve necessary thickness if to thick.
- Serve hot with Grounded black Pepper.
Serve 6 portions.