- 750 g Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 ml Crushed dried red chilly
- 2 Bay leafs
- 3 Whole Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Black pepper corns
- ½ Teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 35 ml Tomato paste
- 40 ml Corn flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Grate the carrots and set aside.
- Grate apple and set aside.
- Chop and fry the onion and the pepper with bay leafs, Black pepper, Coriander and chilly.
- Fry for 5 minutes but not brown.
- Add the grated apple.
- Add the spices and fry until spices change color.
- Add 2 cups of water and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Corn flour with a bit of water.
- Thicken the sauce with the corn flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the crated carrots and cover with the pot with a lid turn off the heat and let stand.
Serve warm on pita bread. Or serve as a side dish.
Can be frozen
This recipe make 6 x 240 g