Florentines Florentine sweet and nutty
- 125 g Butter
- 225 g Sugar
- 75 g Honey
- 75 g Liquid glucose
- 125 g Cream
- 300 g Flaked almonds
- 100 g Glanced cherries
- 65 g Mixed citrus peel
- 15 g Cake flour
- Dark chocolate
- Heat Butter, Sugar, Honey, Glucose and cream in a pot stirring to prevent burning of sugar.
- Boil until 160ºc stir every now and then with a palette knife do not use a spatula or plastic spoon as it will melt.
- In the mean time roast the nuts at 180ºc until golden brown . Watch them as it happens all of sudden.
- Cut the washed cherries and mix with the Mixed peel and flour.
- When the desired temperature is reached add the fruit mixture.
- Add the nuts and remove from the heat.
- Stir all the ingredient in.
- Place 30 g blobs on baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 160oc for 7 – 10 minutes.
- The Florentine will run, gather together with a cookie cutter and make round using the cutter.
- After doing each one dip the cutter in ice water this will prevent it from sticking to the cutter.
- Return to the oven at 180ºc and bake until the syrupy part turn brown.
- Gather together again and make sure its thin and flat.
- Leave to cool and spread with Chocolate.
Make 36 Florentines