Bulls eyes Biscuits with a centre of apricot jam
- 190 g Cake flour
- 75 g Butter
- 115 g Icing sugar
- 1 Egg
- 7 ml Baking powder
- Red coloured Apricot jam
- Place all ingredients except jam in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Roll to a thickness of 3 mm.
- Cut out with a cookie cutter and place on a greased baking tray.
- Cut out the centre of halve the cookies.
- Bake at 180oc for 7 – 10 minutes. Or until brown underneath, cookies should stay white on top.
- Place the cookies with the centre holes on top of the solid ones.
- With a piping bag fill the hole in the middle with apricot jam.
- Return to the oven and bake just until the jam start to boil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Sieve Icing sugar over biscuit part and serve after about a hour. Then the Icing sugar that were on the jam should be melted and give you a neat finish.
Make 36 portions