- 500 g Cake flour
- 2 g Fine ginger
- 150 g Butter
- 130 g Castor sugar
- 80 g Smooth apricot jam
- 20 g Bicarbonate of soda
- 3 Large eggs
- Fresh milk
- 800 ml water
- 600 g White sugar
- 200 ml Vinegar
- Sift the Cake flour and ginger together and add the 130 g white sugar.
- Add the butter and rub until all butter is well mixed in.
- Add the Bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix the eggs and apricot jam and add.
- Add milk and mix to form a slightly runny dough.
- Dissolve the sugar in hot water and add the vinegar.
- Pour the syrup in a oven proof dish 22 x 29 x 6 cm.
- Place spoons ful of dough in the hot water until all dough is used up.
- Place very careful in pre heated oven.
- Bake till light brown at 180oc for 45 minutes
- Let cool slightly then sauce underneath will become thicker.
Serve warm with runny custard.
Serve 12 large portions (can be more).